TOTAL INDIA DMC India Sustainability Policy
As a pioneer in the India tourism industry, we understand our unspoken obligation towards committing to sustainable growth and development within the country’s tourism system. Being responsible in travel to us is part and parcel of our life as we strive to ensure that whatever initiatives we take would be of benefit to the local community without disrupting their culture, economy or respect. All itineraries designed by us are built to make sustainable travel easier for our travellers by ensuring that every dollar spent with us would be used to benefit the local people, leave a minimal carbon footprint and also to ensure that it would not cause any harm to the environment or lifestyle of the people.
Our sustainability policies are detailed below:
Using energy sparingly
Elevating the environment quality
Initiatives to Benefits local community through Tourism
• Encouraging our travellers to always opt-in to make their purchases from the local shops, public
trade stalls in the community and local service providers.
• Striving to ensure that we mainly employ local workforce for our operations team and suppliers.
• Designing itineraries to feature the local community or those who work directly to give benefit to
• Empowering our team with fair employment practices across our offices and working with
suppliers who do the same.
• Paying all our taxes
The environmental impact in our trips is maintained at a consistent level through the use of the following practices
• Encouraging our travellers to eat at local restaurants to reduce food miles.
• Use of private, locally owned transport vehicles or local transport mediums where its safe, feasible
• Maintaining our fleet of vehicles to make sure that they are fuel-efficient and maintained
according to manufacturer standards.